The Happy Heart
Life has its ups and downs, but I think it would be safe to say that most of us are searching for the happy heart. My goal through Happy Heart is to share some ideas on healthy lifestyle solutions, recipes, healthy cooking, and quality supplementation. We will explore the what, why and how of healthy eating! We might wondering into some other areas of what makes for a healthy lifestyle and see where the road takes us. Together we will take the journey to find happy hearts! If you like what you find, remember that a rising tide lifts all boats. Please feel free to share my newsletter or blogs.
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
· 1 cup pumpkin puree
· 2 tablespoons almond butter
· 1/2 frozen banana
· 2 dried Medjool dates, pitted
· 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, store-bought or homemade
· 1 tbsp ground flax
· 2/3 cup of coconut milk
· Extra pumpkin pie spice, to garnish (optional)
· Coconut whipped cream (optional)
1) Add the pumpkin, coconut milk, almond butter, banana, dates, and spices to a blender and process on high until smooth.
2) Divide between two glasses and top with coconut whipped cream and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice, if desired.
For added protein add one serving of Proflex 20 Protein Shake Mix